Executive Staff Meeting Minutes Summary
January 28, 2008
Chair Susan Swecker called the staff meeting to order at approximately 9:00 a.m.
Present: Chair Susan Swecker, Commissioner Pam Evans, Commissioner Esther Vassar, Curtis Coleburn, COO; Becky Gettings, Director Public Affairs; Janet Lawson, HR Director; Frank Monahan, Enforcement Director; Bob Moore, ITSD Director; Robert Scott (for Robert O'Neal, Hearings & Appeals Director); Jeff Painter, Legislative Coordinator; Robert Southall, PMS Director; Craig Vanderland, CFO; Clai Watkins, PASS Director; John Wszelaki, Audit Director; Joan Stromberg and Racquel Boyd, Admin Assistants.
Absent: Nancy Arnold, Finance Director and Robert O'Neal, Hearings & Appeals Director.
Chair Susan Swecker asked for a motion, Commissioner Pamela Evans so moved, Commissioner Esther Vassar seconded, and the motion carried to approve the January 14, 2008 minutes, as written.
Comments from the Board:
Chair Susan Swecker did not have anything to report.
Commissioner Pamela Evans briefly spoke about the Citizens Advisory Group that met for the first time on January 26th. Attendees from areas of expertise such as City Council, Enforcement, Public Safety, Attorneys, Licensees and others, are joining together to give insight and input on such topics as safety and policing, in hopes to making communities a safer environment. This is a pilot program that will continue meeting in various locations around the state. The first meeting turned out to be quite positive according to Commissioner Evans.
Commissioners Evans, Vassar and Swecker acknowledged the wonderful work that Public Affairs did as the 2007 CVC Coordinators for ABC. Each member of the team, Becky Gettings, Linda Wine, Kristy Marshall and Will Goodman, received a certificate of appreciation from Commissioner Evans for their tremendous dedication and teamwork in making the CVC drive a success.
There was no unfinished business to discuss.
Chair Swecker asked for a motion and approval, Commissioner Evans moved, Commissioner Vassar seconded, and the motion carried to approve the following for the record:
- Approval (for the record) to relocate Store 336 in VA Beach within Haygood Shopping Center, lease term 3/1/08 - 2/28/2015 - Susan Swecker
- Approval (for the record) to hire an ABC Store Manager Assistant A, VA Beach, Wholesale/Retail - Susan Swecker
- Approval (for the record) to hire a Computer Net Support Tech Analyst, ITSD Division - Susan Swecker
- Approval (for the record) to hire/replace a Public Relations Specialist, Public Affairs Division - Susan Swecker
- Approval (for the record) to renew the lease for Store 355 in Chesapeake, 6/1/2008 - 5/31/2011 - Susan Swecker
- Approval (for the record) to renew contract for Triple C Mechanical for equipment maintenance, Contract #S-001-07 for 2/1/08 - 1/31/09 - Susan Swecker
- Approval (for the record) to obtain annual trash removal service from Kerkim, Inc., for the areas of Richmond and Tidewater, 1/108 - 12/31/08, 27 stores - Susan Swecker
- Approval (for the record) to hire a Quality Assurance Manager IT Division - Susan Swecker
- Approval (for the record) to hire an employment and Compensation Manager, HR Division - Susan Swecker
With no further business, the meeting adjourned at approximately 10:10 a.m.