Board Meeting Minutes Summary
Executive Staff Meeting Summary
May 9 , 2005
Chairman Danielsen called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m.
Present: Chairman Vernon Danielsen, Commissioner Esther Vassar, Curtis Coleburn, and Sandra Hankins
Absent: Commissioner Warren Barry.
Proposed Amendments- Chapter 3VAC50-30- The board moved to amend its action of October 25, 2004, reinstating the prohibition in 3VAC50-30-10 against Sunday merchandising activities by wine wholesalers, while otherwise adopting the other amendments to the chapter included in the October 25th action.
The meeting adjourned at 9:10 a.m. and will reconvene at 9:30 a.m.
Present: Chairman Vernon Danielsen, Commissioner Esther Vassar, Virginia Adams, Curtis Coleburn, Becky Gettings, Janet Lawson, Bob Moore, Charles Dishman for Nancy Murphy, Robert Scott for Robert O'Neal, Bob Southall, Craig Vanderland, Shawn Walker, John Wszelaki, and Sandra Hankins.
Absent: Ron Layne, Nancy Murphy, and Robert O'Neal
The Board approved the April 11, 2005 minutes.
There was no old business to discuss.
Commissioner Vassar moved and Commissioner Danielsen second, and with unanimous vote, the following board actions were approved:
- Approval (for the record) to hire Policy & Planning Specialist II/Warehouse Auto Specialist, Wholesale/Retail Division, Position # 01094-Vernon Danielsen
- Approval (for the record) to hire P-14, Admin Office Spec III, RM Division-Vernon Danielsen
- Approval (for the record) to Open Store #099 (Herndon-Fairfax County)-Vernon Danielsen
- Approval (for the record) to Open Store #066 (Fauquier County)-Vernon Danielsen
- Approval (for the record) to Renew Lease for Store #179 (Urbanna)-Vernon Danielsen
- Approval (for the record) to Renew Lease for Store #356 (Radford)-Vernon Danielsen
- Approval (for the record) to allow Melissa New and Tina Robinson as Assistant Board Secretaries for certifying Board legal documents-Vernon Danielsen
- Approval (for the record) to approve Policy Revisions concerning Procurement-Vernon Danielsen
With no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 10:15 a.m. and will reconvene at 2:30 p.m.
The meeting reconvened at 2:30 p.m.
Present: Chairman Danielsen, Commissioner Vassar, Curtis Coleburn, Virginia Adams, Shawn Walker, Janet Lawson, and Sandra Hankins
Shawn Walker - Firing Range - With information provided, Chairman Danielsen moved, Commissioner Vassar seconded, and by a unanimous vote, the board approved to refurbish a joint location, with other enforcement personnel, for a firing range at VEPCO Possum Point Power Station.
Virginia Adams - Disciplinary action for P-14s involved in UAB - The board approved a change in policy so that P-14s that sell to underage buyers would have the same punishment as classified employees, 1st offense 10 day suspension and Level III letter in their personnel file and the second offense would result in termination.
Janet Lawson - Janet provided the board with information concerning a change in the Reward and Recognition Program and Workers' Compensation and Return to Work policies. Chairman Danielsen made the motion to approve the changes, Commissioner Vassar seconded, and by a unanimous vote, the board voted to adopt the changes to both policies.
The meeting adjourned at 3:02 p.m.